22/07/2009

ABBA doch nicht so

The things I do and listen to. For research purposes. How many of you knew that ABBA tried to sing in German (emphasis on try). I just happened upon of of the most entertaining and edumacating music blogs in a long time. Spent way too much time there and will get back as soon as I can spare a minute. Follow the link and get lost in the treasure trove of terrific tunes. But whatever you do, DON'T listen to this one here...

You did, didn't you? Don't say I didn't warn you. I won't be getting that one out of my head for a long while...

It's actually so bad, it could - along with Celine Dion's "My heart will go on" - replace yellow & red cards. You don't behave, you listen to this all night :) :)

2 comments:

Jon said...

They also did a version of Ring Ring in german. Crap song to start with, but "Why don't you give me a call" was translated as "vierzehn-null-sieben-null-drei". Damn you for making me remember that.

MaryKwizMiz said...

I have that one too, if you want to hear it :)
still not as bad as John Paul Young covering "Stairway to Heaven".
Or Heintje.