21/04/2008

Reminders, Rules & Requests

Last orders, ladies & gentlemen...
As mentioned in Sunday's "round-writing" (i.e. email, the one I penned in a rather advanced state of refreshment, understandably so, after the Mackem Massacre :) there are only few tables left (even fewer now that De Muttis put in their reservation). So far we can expect the usual suspects Pinkies, ParisParis, Leninskij w/ or w/o brain (yep, I know..), Great Big Sausage, Dumbass Canucks, Super Nova, Muttis & peut-être Les Picards.
NOT to forget the 20ish kids.. and one or two representatives of Bild-Zeitung (yeah, I know.. :)
So if you haven't booked a table yet there's only a slim chance to get seats for #235... best phone the Kilkenny (forgot the number, it's on the website which is in my link list :)

And what with the place probably being rather busy on Thursday, there are one or two reminders or requests or rules I'd like to put down.

1. I know we (well, I) have been starting late-ish over the last few weeks.. which is not a problem as long as we have only 10 teams... everything is gonna take longer with a potential 15.. so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - do try and show up in time. I might have to start without the usual late-comers...

2. As mentioned before, there's that woman from Bildzeitung who - for whatever reason - feels the urge to pen an article about the quiz.. Now, the Muttis & Supernova might remember similar (but failed) attempts from back in the Oscar Wilde and I'm not overly fond of finding my name & mug in the paper, especially one of the Red Tops... BUT it's free advertising for the place (and the quiz) and you know the part with the gift horse & the dental inspection...
Anyroad, to give them hacks a good impression I'd be way chuffed if we all (and I'm including myself here) could keep the argueing & attempts at getting a yellow card down to a minimum.. not that I want to cut out all the banter but you never know what they make of it :)
There won't be a photographer tho as I promised to give them one or two pix our photographer had taken a few weeks ago.. I'll try and keep "regular" faces out of them and use tourist pictures but if you want or don't want to appear in the paper, let me know..

3. And last but not least, in the light of recent events, some old habits (along with people) seem to have returned.. I will mercilessly dock points if you try to pay with you week's collection of copper coins.. if you can't get rid of them, don't make it my problem.
And I will not run after people to hand out sheets & register teams.. if you can't walk the short distance over to my table, just like everyone else - tough.. (you know who you are :)

Right, that's about all for now, have to go and lower levels, make myself schlau on 90's music and find/prepare pictures without exposed boobs & stuff..G-rated, like...

See you Thursday, and till the - keep guessing :)

No comments: