29/04/2008

No, I didn't forget you

Apologies, friends of the Quiky & other conundrums..
I know I've been slacking, not having updated this site with tables, predictions, previews & other schnickschnack.
My excuse? Well, believe it or not but I'm actually trying to get some "proper" work done, that sort of stuff that I might one day get paid for...
And the predominant word these days it "swamped", as in "chained to the desk, suffocated by mountains of paper with requests/orders/inquiries on it", coming from people who do not always know what they want.. but know that they want it yesterday :( And on most days, the work environment does not exactly lend to the overwhelming desire to spend more than 6 hours in the office..
And to top it all, the tendons in my wrist are even more irritated than I am myself.. so any computer work/typing not required to get my job done is resting uncomfortably at the bottom of the pile.. (writing this alone took almost 15 minutes :(
Anyroad, I promise to update the missing regular features as soon as time and my old body parts allow (and the quiz for Thursday got prepared :)
I'll be seeing the Faithful Few on May Day (Hélène, remember that question?? :), with hopefully a nice tricky quiz.. and if we're just a few teams I might prepare a "games" round :)

till then, keep on keepin' on & keep guessing :)

(BTW - so far all 3 teams who gave their predictions have 1 point for Scumchester Utd. reaching the final..)

No comments: