24/10/2011

Ye Wilde Quiz - NEW RULES

After the last 3 weeks, I'm more than a tad annoyed with certain bad habits that have crept in after giving too much leash and so I've decided to yank the chain a bit. Here are the new rules.
Kick-off time
It's probably partly my fault because I've always waited till the last players have turned up. I know that only few of you work till 8 and most could make it in time if they tried. For now we'll keep an academic quarter and start at 8.15pm. Ready or not. That way we might be able to finish by 11pm. If that doesn't work we'll skip all ciggy breaks between rounds.
Registration
I'm tired of running after people to ask for team names, joker rounds, and entry fee. From now on we return to the old custom of teams coming to my table, giving me team name, number of players, and entry fee for the whole team. No more 'I'll pay you next time/in Australian dollars/I haven't got any change etc.) Only valid currency is Euro, in coins no smaller than 10 cents. If you need to get rid of copper coins, try your local supermarket or bank. Joker rounds can be announced/changed till 8.14pm.
Reservation/Cancellation
Some teams still reserve and then don't show up without cancelling. If you know you can't make it, phone the Oscars and vacate your table for other teams. It's common courtesy. Otherwise "your" table will be free for all and you'll have to turn up early and chance it.

Rant over. New rules established.
First test of same - Thursday 27 October, Ye Wilde Quiz #17 (Halloween Special Edition)

1 comment:

bolzi said...

Jeah!

Finally! ;-)

And kill the ciggy breaks, please. 1 Ciggy break after the picture round is enough!