17/09/2011

Wilde Quiz #11 - airborne pasta, pics, & points

Well folks, that was a blast. Attendance- and otherwise (but for the fact that - or because? - I couldn't hear all the smart-ass and other remarks ;).. I'm dead chuffed that I finally get the chance again to speak what little French I have left (and the chance to improve it), our little quiz family grows by the week (Bad Apples must be one of the most enthusiastic teams I've ever quizzed).. and - correct me if I'm wrong - Pinkies & The Brain won their first quiz EVER (in ca. 6 years).. brill.
And before we briefly tackle (pseudo) religion, pasta, and Champions League FINAAA-LE, here are last Thursday's points & some pics. The first part of the rest here.. and the second batch on Monday. (busy weekend, with Toon on telly and pirates to be voted for.





















The big Wilde Quiz Champions League Finale looms large... Thursday  22 September. I won't put up points after 11 rounds because I don't know how to calculate 5.5 best results out of 11.. mathematically the field is still wide(is) open though. And so the list of teams already in the book for Wilde Quiz #12 is longer than Newcastle's unbeaten run... if you want to know if you're in it (with 'your' table) - check right hand bar.
Yogi right goes to Les Envahisseurs... send me your suggestion by Monday 19th, 21:00.

And briefly, zum Schluß - flying spaghetti monsters and pirates. I was asked - repeatedly - what the deal was with a 'religious' topic. Now, normally we would leave out religion and politics (just to spare us all potential heated arguments and keep the peace). FSMism though is A (arguably) not a 'proper' religion and B (and more importantly) the Yogi topic the Pinkies & Brain chose. And since the losers have the right to pick any topic they feel comfortable with (as wide open or narrowed down as they like) I had to go with it. Them's the rules. And if you go and look into it a bit more (start with wiki, is what I did)..it actually makes quite some (non)sense ... I'm prepared to educate myself a bit more on it...
And now I must be off to buy lots of pasta and prepare for the upcoming pirate days. Vote for them tomorrow.. and speak like one on Monday. Because pirates are cool (note to self: find the episode of Doctor Who where Rose was wearing a tshirt with that slogan...)
Anyroad, have a lovely Wahlwochenende (or just weekend), see you on Thursday.
Aarrrrrrrrr.

No comments: