01/01/2009

Das fängt ja gut an...

The new year is not even a day old and already it has started with trouble. And annoyance. And shouting. And Newcastle haven't even kicked a ball yet.
Profoundest apologies to the faithful few who made the trek to the Kilkenny in vain. I had slaved all day to prepare the bestest New Year's Quiz we'd ever had and when I got down to the place it was chaos. Reservations had not been heeded and even my little quiz corner was taken by some 20 guys who had decided it was a nice place to have dinner. And since I had no desire whatsoever to start the new year with shouting, kicking people (out) and arguing with staff clearly out of their depth I decided to do a Keegan.
I promise we will have a New Year's Quiz, I promise I will make up for the inconvenience and disappointment and I promise I'll do my best to make sure it won't happen again.
Sorry for ruining your first day of 2009, hopefully the rest will be better.

No comments: