02/03/2012

Ye Wilde Quiz #32 - points, pics, table & one-time-only-warning

First things first - that was a lovely night!!! Thanks to all who had fun and made it fun (smartasses excepted :)..
It was nice to see that many teams are now bringing their own pens.. geht doch!!!
Before  I give you - zur Belohnung ;) - the first few pics, and points, and current Champions League table (tiiiiiiiight, is all I'm saying ;).. this little 'rant'.

I've noticed - over the last few weks - that some members of some teams seem to think that they can take certain liberties because they're regulars. YOU ARE SO WRONG! I'm not even talking about dumping a week's worth of small change on me, or keep chatting while questions are being read out, only to then ask me to repeat them, or going for a smoke when clearly the signs (and the quizmiz) say there's no ciggie break. Last night's incident was of the biscuit-taking variety.
NO ONE TOUCHES MY LAPTOP (or anything else of my 'equipment') without my express permission... I don't go through your bags while you're taking a leak. Just because I refuse to play certain songs people seem to assume they can change the music while I'm out of the room. You want BeeGees? Buy an iPod. MY TABLE IS OFF LIMITS. Should I ever find evidence of such behaviour again, it will result in a SEVERE deduction of points. Team captains/leaders/dictators - control your players.
On the matter of repeated smartassing and showing off - the odd remark from the peanut gallery is not the problem. AAMOF, I like a bit of banter. There is a fine line though between witty and annyoying. And if you blame me for not getting you 'humour' - your problem, not mine.
So - had to get that out of my system, been gnawing at me for a while.

And now - the fun part.

































The other 30 or so pictures in the gallery or on fb by Monday.

Yogi right goes to David Ellis - mail me 2 suggestions by Sunday 9pm.

And last but not least - in the category "you learn soemthing new every day" - thanks to Sophia from team Fricassée for the valuable (?) info that aubergines actually DO grow on trees.. or large bushes.. or 'trushes'. Guckst du hier. ;)
Not to be confused with the African Sausage Tree. :)

No comments: