15/02/2010

It's TV'Day instead of V'Day

Thanks so much for not pointing out that Valentine's Day is celebrated on 14th February, not on 18th. Since I totally ignore that day I was about to start researching & writing a round about roses, fluff, and smooching couples. Uurrrrgh. Yech!
But hah! Thanks to modern media I received V'Day tweets (uurrgh, yech..) yesterday and now I'm looking forward to preparing a totally Valentine-free quiz.
To replace the smoochie-coochie round I've picked history. The Roaring Twenties!!! And before you dig out that old "I wasn't born back then" line.. NEITHER WAS I (even tho I might have looked like it on Saturday night).
And the music round is definitely NOT love songs but TV Tunes... those of yis who got Flipper and Skippy mixed up last week might want to practise a bit...
Rest stays the same, Hitchcock, Darts Round, and assorted pictures.

And since it's "englische Woche" (again!!!) those of you who (never) wanted to send me their predictions for the Newcastle game and start with a point or two.. it ended 1-1 (just like I predicted). You have one more chance this week as we're in action (?) again on Wednesday.
Prediction of the Week #23a
Newcastle Utd. - Coventry City
Wednesday 17 February, 8.45 (which is your deadline for submissions). Mail, FB message or tweet me your tips for half time and full time scores.

Till Thursday then, same place, same face.. same fun. New questions.

No comments: