22/06/2009

POTD - week 2 - points & answers

Here are last week's correct answers. Both of you were doing much better than last week (spent much time googling?!)

potd7: connection: unicorn / Einhorn
potd8: Steve Buscemi & Uma Thurman
potd9: ashtray / Aschenbecher & top of can / Dosendeckel
potd10: Steven Spielberg & Dan Aykroyd
potd11: from top left clockwise/von links oben im Uhrzeigersinn: Peter Falk, Renee Zellweger, Francesco Totti; Ben Affleck, Michelle Pfeiffer, Harrison Ford, Demi Moore
potd12: horse bit / Pferdezaum (Trense)
potd 6: Mark Harmon & Tony Blair

Points: Jon 9, LN 9
Points after 2 weeks: Jon 14,5, LN 13

There will be new puzzles here but the whole "competition thingie" is rather pointless, seeing as you can "cheat" and there are only 2 players anyroad.

5 comments:

Jon said...

I think I only got nine points

MaryKwizMiz said...

you sent me your answers in instalments, with second guesses... I'll check again but methinx I counted reet...

MaryKwizMiz said...

you do indeed. sorry for giving you more than you earned :)

LN said...

I am impressed with Jon, is that pure honesty I wonder... Didn't have much time lately, but I will try again. Had a quick look at the new potds, the logo thingie looks very nice, but it seems I (...? ok, Dom actually...) could only find one logo up to now... Will keep on trying. So there is no competition any longer, right?
What about next Monday for the Celtic cottage?

MaryKwizMiz said...

1) I guess so - English sportsmanship.
2) 2 is not much competition anyway (of you want though I can keep it up as long as you 2 want me to.)
3)I'm teaching till 7 on Monday, at the other end of town. If you promise to definitely go I'll do my best to be at the Cottage for the quiz (not sure what time they start.)