27/03/2013

Leftover limerick & prediction points


Sooooo. In time for the Eggstra Special Easter Quiz - bonus points earned at Paddy's Day Quiz for Limericks and Newcastle score predictions. Of course only for the teams who turn up tomorrow ;)

Newcastle Europa League Last 16 Round against ФК "Анжи" Махачкала predictions - 1 point each for Bedebow, DAQ and Cannonballs (result correct but score wrong)

PD Limericks - the panel of judges (that being Gemma, Cliona, Noel, Becca & La MerryKwizMiz) awarded the following places/points, based on rhyme, rythm, reason, included words and overall Paddy'sDayLimerickiness.

Winner (4 points) BEDEBOW!!
Vorfreude
Wie schön ist's zusammenzukommen
Mit viel Bier & weiteren Wonnen
In green, like a Leprechaun child
Here tonight at the Oscar Wilde
Wird besoffen St. Paddy's Day begonnen.

Second Place (3 points) DAQ
On Paddy's Day I was drunken on beer
So on my way home I drove into a deer.
Some guys in green came,
now I'm in jail, what a shame!
Next 5 nights I'll be staying here.

Third Place (would have been 2 points, theoretically) Die 3 ???
Dicht gemacht am Paddy's Day
Aufgewacht am 1st of May.
Die grüne Hose stand noch offen
Gute Nacht - war ich besoffen.
Geh mir wech mit Bier - ey!

Fourth place (1 point) Cannonballs
An Paddy's Day hab ich Frank getroffen
Wir tranken viel Bier und waren besoffen.
In der Nacht gab's viel Lärm und Geschrei
Und morgens um 3 kann ne grüne Minna vorbei
Die Bettelei nach Restalkohol macht uns betroffen.

Hors de competition, handed in long after the final whistle - Tayto
As Paddy's Day turned into night
And I'd drunken every beer in sight
My liver turned green
As I puked up my spleen
And my abdomen turned into shite.

So in a nutshell - Easter Eggstravaganza starts with 5 points for Bedebow, 4 points for DAQ and 3 points for Cannonballs. 

No comments: