31/03/2008

InQUIZition - part 3

Well, not exactly being stampeded (that a word, like?!?) by quiz-mad masses but sometimes I prefer quality over quantity (just as an aside - the Mighty Magpies gave me both today. I'm still beyond chuffed about that 4-1 Spurs-hammering.. Hail the Messiah!!!!!!! (more on that one on me other blog tomorrow)
Anyroad, afore I digress again.. as I said, not a great turn-out number-wise but quite a bit o' fun nonetheless (might have had something to do with the fact that I had stuff prepared for once :)
BUT on the other hand - quite a new experience.. I now understand how referees feel when they get mascheranoed ot terryed (I'm quite certain that these are not proper words but then... LOL) or, in layman's terms, abuse hurled at them - the extend of which during/after today's quiz was rather new to me... sore losers lurking just about anywhere I guess...

well - long story short - good fun actually for most of the night, smooth if not silent running and the rankings looked something like this..

The Celtic Crusaders 51
The Top Shaggers (& sore losers) 50
The Munich Boys 45

Yep, that was all for the night... the so like neither sore nor tight winners donated their whole bottle of whiskey to charity (i.e. their feisty competitors & the quiz miz :)

As I'm not much in the mood for spoiling another perfectly fine Sunday (especially if that poxy BVG strike is back on after Tuesday) I wouldn't bank on a sequel next week... should circumstances beyond my control make me change my mind you'll read it here first..
if not, there's always Thursday nights in the Kilkenny (you might wanna reserve a table tho :)

till then.. or somewhere else, sometime...

No comments: